What is Tadalafil?Tadalafil is used to treat male sexual function problems (impotence or erectile dysfunction-ED). In combination with sexual stimulation, tadalafil works by increasing blood flow to the penis to help a man get and keep an erection. Tadalafil is also used to treat the symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia–BPH) Tadalafil is a selective phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitor that produces several downstream effects with the most common therapeutic effect being smooth muscle relaxation. 7 Patients may experience ED due to a variety of causes including psychogenic, neurogenic, vasculogenic, iatrogenic, or endocrine. Benefits of daily use Tadalafil:
- Improved circulation
- Ejaculation time
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Improved symptoms pertaining to LUTS (Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms)
- Easier spontaneous sex
- Tadalafil is best to take in the morning or evening and at the same time each day
- Avoid excessive or chronic alcohol consumption. Ingesting excess amounts of alcohol (more than four drinks in a short time) may potentiate the hypotension and dizziness caused by tadalafil.
- Avoid grapefruit products. Tadalafil is metabolized by CYP3A4, and grapefruit products are CYP3A4 inhibitors; therefore, coadministration may increase serum levels of tadalafil and result in increased hypotension.
- Take with or without food.
- Have had an allergic reaction to tadalafil or any other medicines in the past
- Are taking nitrate medicine for chest pain
- Have a serious heart and liver problem
- Have recently had a stroke or heart attack
- Have low blood pressure or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have ever lost your vision due to reduced blood flow to the eye